is a Super Specialist?
What is a Super Specialist?
The specialists on the Super Specialist Panel are "super stars" in their subspecialty. Each specialist is hand-picked based on their area of expertise (subspecialty) and the complexity of problem.
By establishing strict guidelines and providing the setting for the best "Super Specialists" to meet and share information, we have established a true "center of excellence". Much like the world-renowned diagnostic centers located in the United States, our goal is to identify the correct medical issues and determine how these medical issues can best be resolved to the satisfaction of both the patient and the employer.
Services Provided by Super Specialists
Medical advisors that assist Case Managers
Areas of Expertise
Musculoskeletal - all areas: Carpel tunnel, RSD, spine,
hand, shoulder/knee/foot, etc.
Panel of Subspecialties - All Board Certified in Subspecialty
How to See One of the Super Specialists
Our staff is responsible for coordinating the review and getting the case to the appropriate Super Specialists based on the medical evidence available. We prepare the records and tests for the review, schedule the patient for an examination and order additional tests when indicated. The employer/TPA receives one itemized invoice; SpecialtyHealth pays the case reviewer and ensures timely follow up with written reports.
Our goal is to provide the best medical expertise for the medical problem. We have over 100 contracted physician "experts" in Nevada that are also available in other states. By coordinating the case for you, we save you countless hours of administrative time looking for the right medical expert, scheduling the review, and making sure you receive a timely written report.
Contact VaDonna Rivera or call SpecialtyHealth at 775-398-3620 to coordinate a Super Specialists case review or if you need additional information regarding these services.
What to Expect
EXPECT OUR REVIEWS TO BE CONSISTENT AND THOUGHTFUL. "One who sides with the employer, often gets labeled as the Company-Doc", just as bad as siding with the patient, both compromise the integrity of the case. Let the "chips fall where they may" based on a consistent thoughtful reviewed using the best medical evidence available. YOU get the real story!
EASY TO READ AND UNDERSTAND REPORTS - Computer generated reports that all look alike are extremely annoying to us. The person requesting the report shouldn't have to wade through pages of redundant garbage to get to the point, if there is one.
WE USE APPROPIRATE AND CONCISE WORDS - We see minimal value in regurgitating the entire chart. Our goal is to use appropriate and concise words, based on Evidenced Based Medicine.
SUPER SPECIALIST PANEL - We anticipate that a large number of names will appear in our reviews. The specialist will be selected based on the case. Dr. Greenwald, Dr. Atcheson, Dr. Brandner and Dr. Payne will do the initial sorting out. It's not a healthy situation if the same guy does the same work over and over again.
When should you request a Super Specialist
1. An employee has a negative attitude.
2. Multiple missed appointments.
3. "Hear The Noises"...it's that gut feeling that something isn't quite right.
4. A threatening lawyer is involved.
5. Preexisting injury - can't seem to make sense of apportionment issues.
6. Return-to-work efforts meet with resistance.
7. Conflicting stories and nothing adds up.
8. The patient hates his boss, doctor, or both; the case is just not running smoothly. Failure to improve.
9. Second surgery fails - for whatever reason; a 2nd surgery is proposed-arguments.
10. Doctors are in disagreement on the diagnosis and treatment, or just at odds with each other.
11. Lower Right Square in the SpecialtyHealth Injury Matrix.
12. Problems with medications.
13. The claim is stuck, can't seem to close the claim